I'm trying this recipe in our new slow cooker, will report later.Ingredients - 1 batch:
Prepare the chop beef:
- 1.25# - 80 to 85% lean chop meat. (leaner is NOT better, leaner ->less flavor and more rubbery)
- 2 @ 8z Hunt's tomato sauce.
- 1 @ 15.5z can red kidney beans, with broth.
- 1 @ 10z can Campbell's condensed tomato soup.
- 1 @ 1/3 can water, rinse through all cans to catch the goodness.
- 2 to 3 Tbs olive oil.
- 1 Tsp minced garlic or equivalent garlic cloves minced.
- lemon & pepper seasoning
- ground pepper - peppercorn medley
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- oregano (optional)
- chili powder (optional)
- paprika (optional)
In a large thick bottom pot (1 batch is approx 2 quarts, so, use a 3+ quart pot) -
- in a warm skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil to bottom of pan allow to heat slightly.
- add chop meat breaking into small chunks.
- season to taste with lemon & pepper, ground peppercorn medley, onion and garlic powders
- Do Not Overcook.
- drain and remove from skillet when meat looses its raw-meat coloration.
combine & simmer (for a few hours (2+) ):
Serve over pasta or with crusty Italian or French bread.
- tomato soup.
- tomato sauce.
- kidney beans (with broth).
- fill tomato soup can 1/3 with hot tap water, rinse through all cans to collect the 'goodness' and put into the simmer.
- minced garlic
- season to taste.
- simmer uncovered for 2 to 3 hours over medium - low heat - cover if the mixture gets too thick.
- stir periodically to prevent sticking.
cooking - Gimixtie - chili like...
Today I will be completing the move of motherboard and associated hardware into the case where an Asus P3C-D - Dual Pentium (Slot 1) with 2@ 800 MHz…
Green Grass And High Tides Outlaws In a place you only dream of, where your soul is always free Silver stages, golden curtains, filled my head…
I'm playing with a CISCO WAP4410N and I'm looking for the SNMP MIBs that apply to it so that I can do snmpwalk or the like and gather statistics.…